When was the last time that you went on a girls’ trip?
Let’s face it, most moms do not even think of taking a trip without the hubby or the kids. But did you know that recent studies show that regular vacations with your girlfriends, mom or sisters are a form of self-care? Yes, you read that right. Taking a girl’s trip is good for your well-being, mental health, and productivity.
The latest trip that I went on was to Scottsdale, Arizona. A group of friends planned a trip for our girl’s 40th birthday party. When I first received the invite I immediately had twenty questions pop up into my head. Will the kids be ok? Is it too much money? Will the hubby get upset? What if something happens while I am gone? After about an hour I hit the link to confirm my reservation. Once I got over the initial mom guilt, I began browsing Instagram to learn more about the resort and spa treatments. I knew down deep inside that I really needed this.
Let me tell you that this trip could not have come at a better time. I was exhausted from the holidays and all of the room mom activities leading up to the holidays that I honestly didn’t feel like myself. #Momlife was kicking my butt! I was super excited and looking forward to a little girl time. Besides nobody knows you like your girls!
We stayed at the Sanctuary Spa in Paradise Valley. From the time that we entered the resort, the staff and accommodations exceeded all of our expectations. The views were breathtaking and the weather was just right. After a quick lunch, we headed straight to the spa. A massage and full body scrub were just what the doctor ordered. We enjoyed yoga, delicious food and staying up all night reconnecting, sipping wine and laughing about life. It was so refreshing.
Another great thing about going on a girls’ trip is experiencing new things. On our second day in Arizona, we jumped in a van and drove to Sedona. We did not plan a two-hour drive to Sedona but it was totally worth it. The sight of the gorgeous red rock itself was incredible. It actually ended up being one of the highlights of the trip. We all love our spouses and kids but sometimes spending time with our girlfriends is good for our souls.
Here are my top 5 reasons to take a girls’ trip this year:
- Reconnect with your girls! Sometimes we get so caught up in our families that we don’t have a lot of time for our friends. Use this time to bond with your sisters.
- New Experiences: Try new things like hiking, skiing, sightseeing, spas, and restaurants without trying to please the kids. (Girls’ trips are also a great way to check off things on your bucket list.)
- Recharge: This is a great time to get a good night’s sleep without the kids, hubby snoring or dogs waking you up.
- Self-care: Taking a trip is not only good for your mind and body but also for your soul. We do so much for others. It’s saying yes to YOU!
- Relax: Enjoy not being on a schedule for a few days.
The kids were totally fine!